- Research and Drafting
- Democracy and Human Rights
- Southeast Asia
About the Role
The Research Associate (RA), who is fluent in written and spoken English, supports the work of all research activities undertaken by Asia Centre. Key duties include contributing to research conceptualisation and design, drafting research proposals, conducting online research, compiling data into tables and infographics, implementing surveys, undertaking interviews and focus group discussions, analysing information, preparing presentations, drafting, editing and referencing research proposals, baseline studies, commentaries, narrative reports, policy briefs, book chapters and books.
- Undertake online and offline research, review and analyse documents, summarise findings
- Compile data into tables and infographics, prepare presentations
- Design and administer online questionnaires, coordinate interviews and focus group discussion
- Contribute to drafting baseline studies, commentaries, website articles, narrative reports, policy briefs, book chapters
- Liaise with donors of research projects, publishers, external researchers, speakers of research-related events such as conferences and seminars
- Support in the day-to-day administration and reporting of the Centre’s research projects
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in human rights or related subjects such as law, politics, social sciences, international relations, development studies or Asia/ASEAN studies
- Minimum one to three years of relevant research work experience
- Excellent oral, written and public presentation skills in English
- Advance research skills and the ability to critically analyse and organise diverse information from various sources
- Strong technical skills, including expertise with MS Office tools, familiarity with CANVA, WordPress and other relevant software
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure and manage competing deadlines
This position is only open to Thai nationals. Interested applicants are requested to send (1) their CV together with (2) a self-introduction letter and a (3) two sample pieces of writing (4) expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Following the interview, a timed, written assessment will be issued as part of a proficiency test. A further interview and final selection will be made thereafter.
If interested, please fill in our application form and Research Questionnaire
- Asia Centre Job Application Form: https://forms.gle/m5iEdQPK2SjCBSyWA
- Research Questionnaire: https://forms.gle/M54S2kc1Nn7S9bre6
- Communications Questionnaire: https://forms.gle/o69wSSgoLVWd71wV7
For more information, email@example.com.
Look forward to seeing you!