About the Role
The Research Assistant (RA) supports the work on all research activities undertaken by Asia Centre. Key duties include contributing to research conceptualisation and design, drafting research proposals, conducting online research, compiling data into tables and infographics, analysing information, preparing presentations, drafting, editing and referencing of research proposals, baseline studies, commentaries, narrative reports, policy briefs, book chapters and books.
- Undertake online and offline research, review and analyse documents, summarize findings
- Compile data into tables and infographics, prepare presentations,
- Design and administer online questionnaires, coordinate interviews and focus group discussions
- Contribute to drafting of baseline studies, commentaries, website articles, narrative reports, policy briefs, book chapters
- Liaise with donors of research projects, publishers, external researchers, speakers of research related events such as conferences and seminars
- Support in the day-to-day administration and running of the Centre’s research projects
- Bachelor degree or higher in human rights or related subjects such as law, politics, social sciences, international relations, development studies or Asia/ASEAN studies.
- Minimum one year work experience or fresh graduates with relevant research internship experience.
- Excellent oral, written and public presentation skills in English.
- Advance research skills and the ability to critically analyse and organise diverse information from various sources.
- Strong technical skills, including expertise with MS Office tools, familiarity with CANVA, WordPress and other relevant software.
- Self motivated and able to work under pressure and manage competing deadlines
This position is only open to Thai nationals. Interested applicants are requested to send (1) their CV together with (2) a self-introduction letter and a (3) 2 sample pieces of writing (4) expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Following the interview, a timed, written assessment will be issued as part of a proficiency test. A further interview and final selection will be made thereafter.
About the role
The Communications Assistant (CA) is responsible for supporting Asia Centre’s outreach to its different target audiences (both internal and external). To execute this function, the CA creates a range of content to promote the work of the Centre through its and third-party media assets, networks, influencers and the mass media. The aim is to create an audience and consumers for Asia Centre’s activities, events and services.
- Social Media Management: create and oversee the publication of content across Asia Centre’s social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and Instagram.
- Website Content Management (WordPress): draft and upload content about Asia Centre and its activities, maintain a mailing list and send out e-announcements.
- Graphic Design: design social media tiles, infographics, report layout and event materials.
- Photography and Video Editing: take/edit photographs, draft storyboards/scripts, record/edit videos and audio, place graphic overlays on videos, create thumbnails, and upload to Asia Centre’s YouTube channel.
- Podcasts: Record audio files, edit them, upload them on podcast streaming platforms, manage Asia Centre’s podcast platforms.
- Webinar Coordination: support Asia Centre’s webinars, platform management such as Zoom or Webex, manage event promotion, coordinate speakers and participants, record and live-stream events and implement satisfaction surveys.
- Marketing Activities: undertake content writing and article uploading, strategic events, PR, marketing campaigns, digital development, and brand development.
- Bachelor degree in communications, media relations, journalism, political science, social work, development studies or related degree completed in English.
- A minimum experience of 1 year communications experience; new graduates with adequate experience through internships and volunteer experience in communications are also welcome to apply. (Those without work experience, may be considered with a 3 month internship, before full-time employment)
- Good command of English (Speaking and Writing)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, WordPress and Social Media Platforms
- Familiarity with Google Suites, Zoom, Webex, Survey Monkey, MadMimi
- Interest in Podcast, Jingle, Clubhouse, Soundcloud Production
- Knowledge of design and publishing software (Adobe Photoshop/InDesign/Canva)
- Skill in photography, audio and video editing
- Ability to multitask and manage competing deadlines
- Well-organized and detailed
This position is only open to Thai nationals. Interested applicants are requested to send (1) their CV together with (2) a self-introduction letter and a (3) sample of writing (4) a portfolio of their design, photography, audio and/or video work (5) expected salary to email@example.com
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Following the interview, a timed assessment will be issued as part of a proficiency test. A final selection will be made thereafter. Candidates without 1 year work experience, have the option of a 3 month internship before starting the job full-time.