About the role
The Communications Associate (CA) is responsible for supporting Asia Centre’s outreach to its different target audiences (both internal and external). To execute this function, the CA creates a range of content to promote the work of the Centre through its and third-party media assets, networks, influencers and the mass media. The aim is to create an audience and consumers for Asia Centre’s activities, events and services.
- Social Media Management: create and oversee the publication of content across Asia Centre’s social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and Instagram.
- Website Content Management (WordPress): draft and upload content about Asia Centre and its activities, maintain a mailing list (MadMiMi) and send out e-announcements.
- Graphic Design: design social media tiles, infographics, report layout and event materials.
- Photography and Video Editing: take/edit photographs, draft storyboards/scripts, record/edit videos and audio, place graphic overlays on videos, create thumbnails, and upload to Asia Centre’s TikTok and YouTube channels.
- Podcasts: Record audio files, edit them, upload them on podcast streaming platforms, and manage Asia Centre’s podcast platforms such as Spotify.
- Video Conferencing Coordination: support Asia Centre’s meetings and webinars through Google, Teams, Webex and Zoom platforms, manage event promotion, coordinate speakers and participants, record and live-stream events and implement satisfaction surveys (Survey Monkey).
- Marketing Activities: undertake content writing and article uploading, strategic events, PR, marketing campaigns, digital development, and brand development.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in advertising, communications, journalism, marketing, media, public relations or related degree completed in English.
- A minimum experience of 1-3 year of communications work experience; (Those with work experience in the non-profit sector and an interest in democracy and human rights are preferred)
- Good command of English (Speaking and Writing)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, WordPress and Social Media Platforms
- Familiarity with Google Suites, Teams, Zoom, Webex, Survey Monkey, MadMimi
- Interest in Podcast, Jingle, Clubhouse, Soundcloud Production
- Knowledge of design and publishing software (Adobe Photoshop/InDesign/Canva)
- Skilled in photography, audio and video editing
- Ability to multitask and manage competing deadlines
- Well-organized and detailed
This position is only open to Thai nationals. Interested applicants are requested to send (1) their CV together with (2) a self-introduction letter and a (3) sample of writing (4) a portfolio of their design, photography, audio and/or video work (5) expected salary to email@example.com
Applicants are also require to fill the Communications Questionnaire here
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Following the interview, a timed assessment will be issued as part of a proficiency test. A final selection will be made thereafter. Candidates without 1 year work experience, have the option of a 3 month internship before starting the job full-time.